Thursday, June 30, 2005

Inspiration

Tuesday night, at knitting, I met a newcomer to our group. Kelli is an amazing person who works with an international aid group. She is on her way to Africa to work in Mozambique helping those suffering from HIV/AIDS. Since meeting her, I have read her blog archives and I am in awe. She has lived that life I've always dreamed of. Volunteering with the Peace Corps and having a job where you actually make a difference in the lives of the people who share our planet. I'm almost there. Working with a charitable foundation whose mission is to better the lives of people in Mexican border towns has truly changed my life. I know, though, that I can do more. The administrative side, while vital to our success, isn't as "hands on" as I would like it to be. I just need to figure out how I can make the job more of what I need it to be and how I can get that done.

Life with no one to take care of everyday has given me time to think about many things I never thought of before. I have never lived alone, never was there a time when I didn't have someone to take care of (being a mother to my sisters since our's wasn't, marrying young and having kids within 10 months of that marriage), when I could actually focus a little on me. I can't imagine what will happen when the kids ::sigh:: move out someday.

This weekend we are heading up to Pinetop to escape the heat and relax with my in-laws. Instead of worrying about feeding kids, keeping said kids occupied and thinking of all the things I should be doing, perhaps I can do some things just for me that I've been neglecting.

Have a wonderful, peaceful weekend spent with those you love...

Posted by Heather at 1:00 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home