Thursday, June 02, 2005

What fun!

I can't believe that cables are so much fun! I've been wanting to learn how to make cables for a long time, but never saw a project that I wanted to try that wasn't either too difficult or something I'd never wear or use. So, when I saw an Aran Afghan Sampler on Knitty Gritty (show on DIY Network) I knew I found my project. The pattern calls for Plymouth Encore, but I'm allergic to wearing wool so I'd never be able to snuggle under it. I'm using Caron Simply Soft. I'm also working the cables without a cable needle. There is an awesome tutorial on ?Wendy's Site. Since I hadn't done one before, I figured that learning without the needle would be faster.

Braided Cables


Pretty, huh? I even fixed a mistake in one of the cables 4 rows down when I didn't work the cable. I knit up to that point, dropped the stitches to the mistake and redid them. I was pretty proud of myself. My only worry is that I'm supposed to block the squares when I'm done. Anyone out there know if you can block Simply Soft?

Posted by Heather at 8:28 PM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger ~drew emborsky~ posted at 4:43 AM  
    The cables look fantastic!! Woo hoo!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:18 PM  
    Blocking works best with wool - but might as well give it a try.

    Your SP
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:57 PM  
    I noticed a subtle difference in a poncho I made with Simply Soft after blocking it, so it can't hurt to give it a dunk and lay it out to dry to see how your stitches clean up a bit. It looks great!
  4. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 3:46 PM  
    Wow!! Love how the cables are coming out. I bought some Simply Soft to do ANOTHER Clapotis in; don't know about blocking SS. Couldn't hurt to give it a try!!

    Kim at soulknitting.blogspot.com
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:00 AM  
    Hi again!

    Be on the look out for your first package!

    SP5
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:00 AM  
    Hi again!

    Be on the look out for your first package!

    SP5

Post a Comment

« Home