Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Vogue Knitting rocks!!

You know, just when I thought that Customer Service was a thing of the past, I've been pleasantly surprised. I've been on the hunt for Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2002 for a long time to make a really cute tank. Every eBay auction I bid on I lost at the last minute. My LYS, who usually has back copies, didn't have that one. No one in my awesome SnB group had one. The brilliant Brooke let me know that you can buy copies of Vogue patterns in magazines directly from them. After checking out their site, I found that I needed the pattern number. Bah! Didn't have that. So, I called the number I found on their site for help. Not only did Jane look in the magazine until she found it, but she is sending it to me today. At no charge. In these days when it is a freaking ordeal to get a package of ketchup at McDonald's without attitude, I'm more than impressed.

Last night I ventured out to Cupz, a local coffee shop, for some knitting with my friends. Rather interesting night when some, shall we say, controversy came up and things were said that were a long time coming. I'd been rather upset about a particular issue that kept coming up and frankly, I'm glad it is finally out in the open. Insulting people, no matter if you think it is a joke, isn't very funny and gets old, fast.

I know some of you are going to be horrified, but I'm on a bit of a knitting/crocheting break. I'm back in wrist braces due to my marathon knitting over the weekend. So, I can still knit, but it is slow and I need to take breaks. I'm hoping all is well by this weekend. We are driving up to Pinetop for a long weekend with some friends. Everyone that spends any time with me in the summer in this hell hole city knows that I hate summer with an undying passion. My in-law's own a place up in Pinetop we can use anytime. It is my break from hell the heat and we go up every chance we get. Temps here have been over 100 with Sunday's record at 113. Of course, this weekend we are supposed to be only in the upper 90's (believe me, this is downright chilly compared to 113) as we head out of town. Whatever. Just get me out of here. I'm going to dance naked outside when it is 45 for a low. That should scare the neighbors.

Posted by Heather at 10:32 AM

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:33 AM  
    Hello there! I'm your SP5! Just dropping by the check you out... get ready for some fun!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:26 AM  
    Oh sure, be vague... Phhhbt! ;D
  3. Blogger Jack and Nicholas posted at 10:20 AM  
    I'm glad you got the pattern - that was great they are sending it to you for free.
  4. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 7:16 PM  
    WHAT HAPPENED -- Email me please... so I don't walk into a land mine next time I go...

Post a Comment

« Home