Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Reflections

It's official. I'm old. As of last night, I'm the parent of 2 kids in high school. And I'm terrified. Last night was The Princess' "Celebration of Learning" ceremony (WTFO? Why can't we call this a freaking graduation?) in which she "promoted" to high school. Wow. As I sat in the bleachers looking down on her, I could hardly believe time has gone by so fast. In 3 years I will be sitting there watching my first-born graduate high school and enter the world as an adult. It has been a time of looking back at their lives and wishing I had done some things different, wishing I could have that time back of when they were little, they still thought I was brilliant and could fix everything with a kiss. Oh, for life to be that simple again.

Enough crying (for now). On the needles is still the purse from SWATS. I adore their new yarn, Karachi. It is 50% soy silk and 50% wool and SO soft. Better than that freaking sandpaper Korean. Great color, but rope burns and picking out twigs doesn't cut it when it comes to yarn.

And, in some horrible news, my wrists are killing me. Enough (try not to faint my friends) to take a knitting break. The withdrawals are driving my husband nuts. I'm way to fidget not to have something to do at all times. Hopefully, it won't be too long. I think I can manage for a little while tonight at cups. If you aren't busy tonight, join us there at 7!

Posted by Heather at 10:13 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 11:09 AM  
    Don't you hate it when you feel old? I guess this is what our own Mother's felt as we grew up.

    You will survive.
  2. Blogger Pam posted at 5:00 PM  
    You're only as old as you feel and you are nowhere near needing a red hat yet.

    Go pierce something - you'll feel much younger. And your kids will think you're cool (for at least 20 minutes).

Post a Comment

« Home