Friday, May 20, 2005

Random blabbering

Someone out there remind me why I love living in Arizona. It sure as hell isn't for the summer weather. This weekend we are supposed to hit 113. In May. This does not bode well for the summer, since it is actually freaking spring right now (do you hear that Mother Nature?). But, a break is in sight as we are headed to Pinetop for an extended Memorial Day weekend. My mother-in-law says it is a "little chilly" in the evening there right now. Chilly?? Yea, tell that to someone who will be having fantasies of running around naked in Alaska this weekend.

On the needles (this IS knitting/crochet blog, right?) is a gorgeous purse out of the Noro I told you about on Monday. I'm really liking how the striping is turning out. There are some colors in there I didn't expect. Very interesting, if not scratchy, yarn. People make sweaters out of this stuff? Pretty, but I'd be breaking out the benadryl. I also picked up another test knit from SWTC (yes, I realize I haven't finished Sapphire yet. I'm emailing the designer this weekend to ask for help). A felted purse out of some of their new yarn. How could I resist (obviously the 12-step program idea is out the window at this point)?

Tonight is the event of the century Promotion Dance. The Princess and her court are very excited! There is much discussion over who is dancing with who, what our hair will look like, bra difficulties and 2-hour nail salon appointments. My phone is ringing off the hook. I don't even answer it anymore. I cannot even imagine what chaos Prom will bring. I'll need a week off work to prep.

Ok, I wasn't going to do this...but what the hell. A note to a couple anonymous (love that, huh?) emailers. You are seeing my occasional, random lunacy regarding my children. No, I do not "despise my kids". Please do not assume you know anything about my parenting skills or know everything about my life based on my few blog posts about them. I adore, love and spoil my children more than you could ever imagine. They are awesome kids. I have friends whose 15-year-olds are having sex and smoking pot, friends whose kids have come home drunk already and read the news of children doing things that make me cry. I thank God everyday for my kids and think that in this crazy world we live in, they are doing great. Good (ok, for the most part) grades, haven't gotten into trouble and they are kind to others. Most importantly, they are happy and very loved. Yea, there are times when I want to run away from home and sell them off to the nearest band of gypsies (that would be a joke, get it?) but I wouldn't trade them for the world. They are, and always will be, my babies.

Posted by Heather at 9:20 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Pam posted at 10:55 AM  
    We missed you last night. Hope Princess's nails turned out perfect (i.e. it was worth missing us).

    I may join you in Alaska.

    Of course you love your kids. You take valuable knitting time and spend it on their activities. If that's not love, I don't know what is.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:43 AM  
    Dear Bag/Purse/Satchel/Carry-all Goddess:

    I am so with you on the evil heat. It's just plain rude and un-called-for.

    As for anonymous e-mailers, they must have cranial/anal issues. I am so addicted to your blog, I love reading it! I love the stories about your kids. I don't even have any yet, and you still manage to get me laughing/crying. Mostly because I remember being insane, I mean, a teen-ager. It is so blatantly obvious that you adore your kids, want the best for them, and are determined to do right by them.

    Then again...maybe you are an evil mother. You ask your kids to do their homework and wear warm shoes on cold days? You go to their sports games, you listen to them when they truly don't want to do an activity? What are you thinking? Bad, bad mom.

    Don't worry, we know you rock!
  3. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 6:53 AM  
    It's quite plain to see you love your kids, no worries. And it's good for them to know that sometimes you want to kill them because at points in their life, OTHER people are going to want to do that too. And it's BEST that their Mom displays THAT emotion first, allowing them the ability to learn to duck and run!! See, you are a good Mom.

    LOVE your Clapotis. I took Broken Foot out of the house yesterday and of course went to 3 yarn stores. I looked at Caron's Simply Soft which another Clapotistor has already done THREE with. Thinking about that for a 'summer' weight one when it's FRIGGING 118* outside and 55* in the air-conditioned grocery stores and such.

    I'm already feeling your pain 'cause I'm right there with you at 110* today!! Toooooooo early in May for this.

    I soooooo understand drooling over Alaska dreams.

Post a Comment

« Home