Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Secret Pal 5

I'm so excited! I've joined Secret Pal 5. I've been waiting forever for this to start after missing the boat for number 4. Who couldn't love surprises? This is going to be so much fun! Assignments were handed out today, so here is my questionnaire:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I believe every yarn has it's purpose. My stash has lots of different types of yarn. Honestly, though, I have enough Red Heart to last the rest of my life.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? My first love was crochet, haven't tried spinning...yet.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Not allergic, but I cannot stand the smell of smoke and strong perfume. Makes me sick to my stomach.

4. How long have you been knitting? I've been crocheting since I was 8 (almost 30 years...eeek!) and knitting for the last 3. Ok, the 30 year thing is depressing me now.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, just a little one here.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like light scents - vanilla, very light floral and spicy scents - cinnamon, gingerbread. I never wear perfume.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yea...chocolate is my friend. Just thought of something, probably not a good idea to send any candy to me :( It would melt in my mailbox!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love beads!

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like most music - except whiney country music, some rap and heavy metal.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I'm not big on greens. I love purples, blues and pinks.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my husband of 3 months, 2 teenagers, 4 cats and assorted fish.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To be happy and raise happy, responsible and loving children. And own my own yarn store!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I LOVE Manos del Uruguay and any yarn I can felt. I also like soft cotton yarn. Handpainted yarns are my favorite.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm allergic to wool, but can knit with it. Just can't wear it on my body. Go figure. I don't like scratchy yarn and am not big on the novelty yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Felted items.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? My clapotis was my favorite. I'd love to knit another one in a soft, handpainted yarn.

17. What are you knitting right now? A felted purse and a felted sheep.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I have 2 funky ones, that is more than enough.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars. Straights hurt my wrists.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Depends on the project, but prefer aluminum if I have a choice.

21. Are you a sock knitter? Sure am.

22. How did you learn to knit? Taught myself out of a kid's book.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? 2 years old. A ripple crochet afghan for charity.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? My favorite animated character is Winnie the Pooh. My favorite animals are cats and sheep.

25. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday, Halloween, 4th of July ( I LOVE fireworks!) and Thanksgiving.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Thimbles and sheep things.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None. I would like Creative Knitting.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? The Knitter's Companion by Vicki Square

Posted by Heather at 3:00 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 9:24 PM  
    You have only been married 3 months?!!!

    Congrats Newlywed!

Post a Comment

« Home