Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Time flies...

Had a fabulous weekend in Pinetop! Cool weather, a bit of rain and great friends. Got a little reading done, worked on a crocheted baby blanket and worked on my test knit felted bag for SWTC (would have finished, too, if I didn't run out of yarn).

SWTC has a new yarn out, Karaoke. 50% soy silk and 50% wool. I'm so in love. Very soft, floats on the needles and the colors are rich and gorgeous. I think it is supposed to hit stores in July. I can't wait to see how it felts. I'll post some before and after pictures. I'm almost done! Side note to my SP about my little quilting comment the other day. I don't know if I would really start quilting anytime soon. I do have a sewing machine, but I haven't used it in years. I just seem to be on the go all the time and quilting is so non-portable. Maybe when the kids graduate...

Remember how I was raving about Vogue the other day? Well, I was expecting them to send me the pattern. They sent the entire magazine! There are several sweaters in there that I would like to make. Funny, I love the Spring/Summer editions of magazines.

Last, but not at all least, today my SnB friend Ashley leaves for Japan. I am so sad to see her go! She is just so funny and is such a fabulous person. I'm going to miss her at our get-togethers. Bye, Ashley! Buy lots of Koigu while you are there!!!

Posted by Heather at 8:59 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger illanna posted at 10:59 AM  
    I have been dying to try that new yarn! Looks like I'll have to start test knitting or designing again... I'll miss Ashley too :( so sad to see her go.

Post a Comment

« Home