Tuesday, July 26, 2005

An idea is born....

I've received a few emails asking how I made my blocking board. I decided to make my own because I didn't want to pay $79 plus shipping for the only other one I have seen out there. I went to Hancock Fabrics and purchased a pattern cutting board, meant for sewing. It is cardboard and that grid I so badly wanted (because I'm a freak). Then it was on to Wally World for clear Contact paper. $6ish for the board, $5ish for the paper. Savings=$68+. I tried to see if Brian would go for me spending that savings on yarn. Hard to know if he said yes since he was laughing so freaking hard. Hrmp.

Life continues in Casa de Hormones. Been almost 2 days since I ruined anyone's life. This might be a record. Day ain't over yet, though, and the kidlets won't be up 'til noon. Don't they need jobs or something? Hey!! Now that is idea!! They get jobs, pay for some of their own stuff here and there and I can buy more yarn!! Ha!! I'm freaking brilliant!

Will someone out there please finish Harry Potter? I have this theory I have to bounce off someone...

Posted by Heather at 9:15 AM

7 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 9:32 AM  
    Yeah, good luck with that whole getting the kids to spend their own money on necessities!

    Nice blocking board. I am so lame, I just pinned it to the carpet through the towel it was on in the bedroom!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:40 AM  
    Great idea. I tried using a painters canvas and drawing the grid on it and it works well for smaller projects. I am going to try your idea as well since the area is so much larger. Thanks for the idea!
  3. Blogger Pam posted at 11:14 AM  
    I'm trying, really. I should be able to start on thursday. I may be done by friday...
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:12 PM  
    I finished it. E-mail me your theory! Now that I finished (as of Sunday) I'm no longer avoiding blogs and the internet like the plague.
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:17 AM  
    I just finished Harry Potter last night. Needless to say, my eyes were a bit puffy this a.m.

    Would love to hear your theory!
  6. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 10:14 AM  
    WOW!! Your FBS is just beautiful!! And I really like the pattern for the Baby blanket. Is it avaiable on the interenet? I'm still working on my FBS and Black Clapotis. Too many other things to do w/Char. It was 58* when I got up today. Hehhehhhehhhehhhhe. HA! Kids spending their OWN money on necesssities. HA! Heat's getting to you, right?
  7. Blogger Knitty, Vintage and Rosy posted at 8:08 PM  
    Heather, what's your theory? Got a couple of my own to throw at ya. Oh, are you cooler there yet? We've been at 25C during the day and an absolutely heavenly 15C at night.

    btchwstix@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

« Home