Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Walking this way

I've been walking 3-4 times a week to get ready for the Breast Cancer 3-day Walk in October. I joined a few friends from my Stitch 'n Bitch group on a team. I'm pretty excited, but I'm really nervous, too. The fundraising has been easier than I thought. I have just over $500 more to raise. Not bad considering we are still more than 6 months out. It is the training and the walk that has me nervous. Fitting in all the training time worries me and well, 60 miles in 3 days is nothing to sneeze at. I've been walking for a month now and have had to wear a sweatshirt and pants. This morning I noticed it wasn't quite as chilly as it has been. It is coming...there is no getting away from it. Summer in Arizona. We really do have egg frying contests here. Did I mention I hate summer here?

Yesterday I had all kinds of car problems, so I worked from home. Didn't leave me much knitting time, and what time I did have in the evening kept getting interrupted. But, I finished the left side of the baby sweater and half a sleeve. I was hoping to get the fringe done, but maybe tomorrow. Tonight we have to help my husband's crochety aunt move.

Off to the paying job...I'm bummed I won't make it to knitting tonight!

Posted by Heather at 7:16 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home