Monday, April 04, 2005

Camping is not for the faint of heart

We survived. Barely. What a weekend! Let's see if we can remember all the things that went horribly wrong. Tent zipper broke which led to one windy, freezing night followed by a nice calm night where we were eaten alive by bugs. The camp stove would not boil water until the children were eating their own arms in hunger, my car got a flat and my 15-year-old-who-knows-everything got lost for what is now the worst 2 1/2 hours of my life. Seems as soon as I took a nap (in an attempt to recover from being a brain dead zombie because of lack of sleep from said freezing night), he decided to follow the quad riders to go get wood - on his bike. Never saw them turn off and proceeded to ride 10 miles from camp. I still start crying when I think about all of us riding all over trying to find him, which thank God, we did.

Other than all of that drama, it was a really wonderful weekend. There were about 20 of us out there and we just all have so much fun together. The poncho that would never end, ended. I finished it while sitting by the campfire on the first night. I worked a bit on the baby sweater and just have the back and sleeves to go. It is really turning out pretty. I'll post pictures for both tomorrow.

I've had enough excitement for about 5 years. I think I'll go work.

Posted by Heather at 9:25 AM

1 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:28 PM  
    Glad to hear that the poncho didn't kill you. I was at Craftmart Friday, shaking my head in front of the Diva.

Post a Comment

« Home